5 Ultimate WordPress Backup Plugins to Assure the Best Safeguard of Your Website
5 Ultimate WordPress Backup Plugins to Assure the Best Safeguard of Your Website
- May 14, 2019
- Posted by: Editorial Staff
What if one morning you wake up from sleeping, open your WordPress site and find everything written so far by hard toil has vanished overnight? Although we can’t trace your exact reaction yet, we can feel your pain. However, to avoid such an unexpected feeling, you cannot but have several backup plugins in your WordPress, which will help you restore the lost website fast with trivial downtime. This is how backup plugins can save you from severe destruction.
Though most of the WordPress hosting providers offer limited backup services, we recommend our users not to rely on them solely. This is why we have listed some of the best WordPress backup plugins to ensure your site’s backup.
Things to consider while choosing the WordPress backup plugins:
Since there are some good backup plugins, it can be tricky to determine the right one that fits your business. You need to consider a few things before taking your final decision. Below are a few things to analyze while looking up for a backup plugin:
- Database backup: In some plugin, there can be the only option to backup your WordPress database.
- Complete backup: Some plugins backup your entire website including the WordPress file and database.
- Scheduled backup: This is the best backup method. Some plugins allow you to back up your website after an interval.
Earlier, most WordPress backup plugins allow you to store your files only on your server. Now, to ensure the highest level of security, all good WordPress backup plugins support saving your backup data in remote locations such as FTP, Google Drive, Amazon S3, OneDrive, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud. If your plugin allows remote backup, then you can easily restore your site even it gets hacked.
Considering the features of the backup plugins, let’s take a look at the best WordPress backup plugins.
Vaultpress is one of the popular WordPress backup plugins with respect to the protection of your website. You can find this backup plugin available with cloud storage that ensures extra protection of your data.
Besides, it scans the code file to detect harmful content and makes a regular analysis of probable security weaknesses and viruses. Moreover, it offers you one-click retrieve with complete restoration of your lost database and files.
- The interface is simple enough to be used by the beginners
- It doesn’t require you to be connected to ‘Dropbox’ like third-party platform as storage is included to it
- Each of the features is available in the premium excellence
- Provides you with the statistics of backups
- Comes with visual navigation in your backup
- Offers 24/7 customer service to ensure that you are not helpless anytime
- Offers a guarantee of refunding your money within 30-days if you feel dissatisfied
- It doesn’t offer any free plan but within the Jetpack backup plugin a free trial is available
- Multiple blog holders find their pricing to be quite excessive
- The plugin requires you to spend at least $39 per annum including other perks of Jetpack subscription.
It is an extremely widespread free plugin that helps you in producing a backup of your WordPress website on Dropbox, Google Drive, Rackspace Cloud, and even through email. UpdraftPlus plugin is tested in further circumstances, installed on comparatively more servers and highly rated. There are two editions of this plugin- free and premium.
The free version of it lets you back up the WordPress database and files with the capability of retrieving your website and share it with distant storage. It allows you to run backups manually or automatically after every certain period. In addition, the free version will enable you to have a downloaded copy of the backup archives. Additionally, if any upload fails at the time of backup, the plugin automatically reattempts for repeated uploading.
However, the premium edition includes tons of additional features for ensuring the utmost safety of your website. Some of the features are- supplementary destinations for backup storage, numerous themes, a site migrator and duplicator, automatic backups, and so on.
- Built with a simple to use interface for the beginners
- Restores everything for you with one-click on a suitable schedule
- Comparatively includes more features and sophisticated utilities
- Allows you to choose scheduled or manual backups
- Backups schedules after every 4, 8, 12 hours or daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly
- Offers constant assistance of the experts whenever you ask for
- Backs up your site automatically prior to any update to cores, themes, and plugins
- Encrypts your vulnerable databases such as password or customer info
- Owns up-to-date reporting and mailing skills
- Being user-friendly UpdraftPlus features no annoying ads
- Very few users find the interface to be congested
- Some users desire for a bit faster customer service
- The premium version asks for $70 for 2 sites
It is completely a premium plugin for backup your WordPress website from iThemes that is currently possessed by LiquidWeb. BackupBuddy is considered the most dependable, simple, and one of the least expensive backup plugins in the marketplace for WordPress.
The plugin doesn’t only help you have a backup of your whole WordPress website including files and database but also lets you pick a perfect schedule for you to set up automated backup. In it, you are free in choosing the materials of backup, for example, you may choose the database only for backup and you can even exclude any file from the backup list. In short, the plugin allows you to schedule a complete or partial backup.
In addition, BackupBuddy lets you preserve your backup remotely using Dropbox, Google Drive, BackupBuddy Stash, Amazon S3, and many more. Moreover, this plugin is a license founded service, so you can have the license for using the plugin for all those sites you have mentioned in the plan. The license offers you the ability to support regular updates, forums, and most importantly cloud storage of 1 GB.
- Provides you with easy assistance for guiding you while setting up the first backup
- No complex settings option, so, simple to configure and setup
- Sends you notifications of the backups through email
- Capable of limiting your archives’ size in case of your requisition of more disk space
- Integrates almost all the security utilities to offer you the best safeguard against malicious contents and hacking
- Allows you to customize the schedule for backup
- Backs up your profile with elimination options
- Backup space is available on the servers of iThemes
- Able to set up backup schedules automatically on the basis of per day, week, or month
- Neither free nor trial version is available except premium one
- In the opinion of some users, the plugin is a bit expensive
- Cost of the premium version starts from $80
On our list of backup plugins, BlogVault has an exceptional specialty because of having immense features and pros. First of all, it is completely a free plugin that offers you automatic update services on WordPress. The plugin automatically backs up a site every day while preserving a complete list of backup history of the past three months. You can find your backup securely stored on the servers of Amazon S3.
“Staging Site Option” is one of the fabulous and exceptional features of it that allows you to produce a single staging site just for testing before you push the changes to your site to be live. Another citable matter is that the manufacturing company of BlogVault operates MalCare, which is an excellent security platform. Therefore, you can easily get the WordPress firewall, malware scanning, and many other additional features if you buy the plugin choosing the option of “Backup and Security”.
Furthermore, if you go for “Higher Plans”, you can have a “white label solution” with an option for adding team members and clients. Lastly, the excellence of the plugin is demonstrated by its 20.000+ installations, which is huge and 4.3 rating out of 5 that is also great.
- Installation requires the least time
- Capable of testing backups before restoring them
- Easy to set up and configure
- Encrypts and backs up data across numerous databases so that security and availability are not compromised
- Supportive for multisite
- Free access and offsite storage are available so that you can retrieve from BlogVault dashboard
- Features incremental backups for reducing the server load
- Allows you to migrate to a fresh server, domain, or host effortlessly
- Provides limitless on-demand backups
- Requires a few clicks to retrieve the website
- No dashboard can be found within the installed WordPress rather it is available on the WebApp of BlogVault
- Beginners often find the WebApp to be bushy
- The pricing of BlogVault a bit complicated. The price starts from $7.49 per month for backups only and it becomes $12.40 per month if a security plan is added powered by MalCare. Again, a special pricing plan starts from $20.75 per month that includes extra security from MalCare, annual backup history, and order syncing.
Duplicator often called migration plugin, doesn’t only limit its service to back up your website but also it copies your website entirely. The plugin basically provides you with the opportunity for migrating, copying, and cloning your entire site from one place to another. This is simply a mind-blowing solution if you have been trying to restructure your website, which is working no more.
The free edition of Duplicator helps you manually backup your website entirely. On the contrary, the pro version lets you create an immediate and scheduled backup that is undoubtedly fantastic for leaving your site back up without much hassle. Moreover, the plugin allows you to share backups to Amazon S3, Google Drive, and Dropbox so that no chance of risk is left.
However, the potentiality of the Duplicator plugin is easily demonstrated if you look at its huge number of installations that is one million. Besides, its rating is 4.9, which is outstanding without any qualm.
- Easy to configure and set up
- Able to construct the volume of preserved backups
- Supportive for WordPress multisite
- Customer support is available only in the pro version
- Price of premium version starts from $39
Each WordPress backup plugin has its own features. If the equal potentiality of the plugins has created confusion in you regarding which plugin is the ideal one, then we would like to recommend you UpdraftPlus to adopt initially. It comes with the complete backup solutions, right out of the box. Best of all, the free version also offers an abundance of essential features.
In the end, it’s you who will take the ultimate decision to choose the right WordPress backup plugin for your website. Note that: DO NOT store your backup files on the same server as your website.