How to install WordPress -A complete Step by step tutorial
How to install WordPress -A complete Step by step tutorial
- May 31, 2018
- Posted by: Editorial Staff
- Category: Uncategorized
How to Install WordPress using One-Click Installers
Installation process of WordPress is easy using One-Click script installers. Within few clicks your WordPress will be installed. We have shown some of the process to install using Script Installers such as Softaculous, Fantastico and Mojo Marketplace.
How to Install WordPress using MOJO Marketplace
Installation of WordPress with Mojo Marketplace is easy. It does not require any coding skills. All you have to do is go to the control panel of your web host (for this tutorial we used bluehost) and click on market place.
Then click on One-Click install. Here WordPress may come as a suggestion if not then click on View All. It will automatically take you to Mojo marketplace. Now Click on install.
Then it will show an installation progress on the right top corner of the browser. Click on get started.
Then select a domain for installation and select a directory if needed and click on Next.
It will give you admin information and click on Next.
You successfully installed WordPress.Then it will ask you to choose a theme. Pick a theme that suits your site. And go to the Mojo Market Dashboard and click on My sites you will get the site you created. So your WordPress installation is done and customise your site as you like.
How to Install WordPress Manually On Any Web-Host
Installing WordPress Manually on any web host (using BlueHost for this tutorial) is easy just by following these steps:
- Download WordPress from wordpress.org
- Login to your web host and from the control panel click on ‘Databases’. To create database just write name on the blank field and click on create Database.
- Now click on file manager. From there you will be redirected to a page shown in the picture below . Unzip WordPress and upload it on the root folder generally labelled as Public_html.
- Now navigate to your site’s URL to launch the installation process.
- You’ll be prompted to create a wp-config.php file.
- Follow the prompt, fill in your database info i.e. database name, username, password and database host (localhost by default), and hit the Submit button.
- Enter information about your site in the next page and click the Install WordPress button.
Installation of WordPress on Your Local System (Mac OS) Using MAMP
Just like installing WordPress on windows with WAMP, MAMP is for Mac. MAMP is short for Mac OS X, Apache the server, MySQL the database, PHP (perl or python) the programming language.
- Download MAMP from their site .
- Double click on MAMP_MAMP_PRO_4.4.1.pkg file (latest version till now).
- Windows shown in the picture will pop up on the order given below. Click on Continue each time. Then click on Agree.
- A window name Standard Install on “OS Root” should pop up. Click Install to Start Installation.
- Installation will start. When installation is done click on Close. After clicking on Close it will ask if you want to keep the .pkg. Hit Keep if you want to keep .pkg file or else hit discard it will be transferred to trash
- Goto OS Root >> Applications>> MAMP PRO>>MAMP PRO ICON.
- Now go to your ports section and set Apache server as 80 and MySQL as 3306.
- Now click on server section as it turns green click on webstart. This window should webpage should come up.
- Click on Tools>> phpmyAdmin.
- Click on database. And create a database by adding a Database name on the blank field instructing “ Database Name” then click on create database will be created.
- Download the latest wordpress file from wordpress.org.
- Now unzip it and paste it on Applications>> Mamp>>.htdocs .
- Now open the unzipped wordpress file and rename the file wp-config-sample.php to wp-config.php.
- Open the wp-config file and replace ‘username_here’ and password_here with root. Add the database name the one you created earlier. Now press command + s to save the changes on file.
- Now open localhost/wordpress(unzipped files name) in your browser. WordPress installation page will come up. Choose your language and click on continue.
- A web page will show up fill up the required information and hit install WordPress.
- It will show the webpage below and click on login for logging in. Add the username and password and you will be redirected to your dashboard.
You have successfully installed WordPress on your local system(mac os).
Installation of WordPress on Your Local System (Windows OS) Using WAMP
Installation of wamp server requires downloading the wampserver package file. So please go to official website of wamp. This web page should come up.
Now follow these instructions to download the package:
- Scroll down and go to download section. And click on download. If your system is 64bit then click on the 64bit version of WAMP if 32bit then click on the 32bit version of wamp server.
- A window will pop up as shown below. Click on download directly.
- Select the latest one. Then click on the file again.
- This will show some files.
- Only download the package file showed in picture and the one which is compatible with your desktop.
- The download will start and wait till the download is finished.
Installation of WAMP server:
- Double click on the package file. Select your preferred language >> accept agreement >>next. Then select the installation folder of WAMP and click on next>>next>>install. The installation will start. After finishing installation it will show a window with some explanation how WAMP works. Click next>>finish. Finally your WAMP is installed in your device.
- If in case installation start and says MSVCR11.dll missing then try installing VCRedist file from here. Then install it out. It won’t show any problem then.
- Find the WAMP icon in the desktop. And double click on it.
- Now it will show you a green ‘W’ alphabet in the system tray.
- Now type in 127.0.0.1 in your browser. This page will pop up.
- Now you need a database to run. Here all the information of WordPress installation is stored. Now at the bottom left click on phpmyadmin. Now put root as username you don’t have to put any password there. Click on Go.
- It will take you to the phymyadmin portal.
- Click on Databases. Add a database name on the blank field and click on create.
- Go to official website of WordPress and download the latest version.
- Unzip the WordPress file in c:/wamp/www directory.
- Now copy http://localhost/wordpress in your browser search bar and hit enter.
- Now choose the language you want your WordPress to be in and click continue.
- Now click on let’s go.
- Now a page will come up where you have to add information. Before you give information goto c://wamp//www//wordpress/wp-config-sample.php file and edit it. Write the database name you created earlier, set the user name as root, no password required only the quotation mark.
- Add the database name you created earlier. User as ‘root’ and no password required. Then click on submit.
- Click on run the installation.
- Now add the site information and click on install WordPress.
- A success page will come up and click on login. Provide the username and password it will redirect you to the WordPress dashboard.
WordPress installation is successful in your local system with WAMP Server. Now customise your website as you like; as well as add themes, plugins, logos etc.
How to Install WordPress using FTP
WordPress installation through FTP requires a FTP client for that. We are using FileZilla for this tutorial.
- At first install the latest version of WordPress from wordpress.org and Unzip the file and upload into your web history directory of your choice.
- InstallingWordPress under your domain name requires theWordPress files to be uploaded on the root folder labelled as ‘public_html/’. If you want to installWordPress on a different directory just or in a subfolder public_html/subfolder.
- Create a database from your web host. I am using bluehost for this tutorial. For bluehost login to the control panel and click on Advanced>>Databases. From click on there create database in your preferred name.
- If your database is ready simply go to the url where your WordPress is uploaded. If its on the root folder(public_html/) then type in your main domain name if not then put the domain-name.com/directory.
- Now it will redirect you to the language selection page.Choose your preferred language. Click on continue.
- An installation instruction will come up which will contain basic information of your website like database name, user name, password and hosting informations. Click on Let’s go to proceed.
- It will show you a form. Fill it up and you have to put on the database name which you just created earlier. Now it will show you a success message. Click on Run the install to proceed.
- An information page will come up and you will have to put the basic informations about your website including your site title, username, password and domain.
- If you don’t want your site to be visible in Search engines then uncheck the box. If you want to activate it later you can set it from the dashboard. Click on Install WordPress.
- You will see a success page. Now login to your WordPress site with credentials it will take you to your sites dashboard.