InMotion Hosting for WordPress: Your Ultimate Hosting Solution
InMotion Hosting for WordPress: Your Ultimate Hosting Solution
- July 4, 2019
- Posted by: Editorial Staff
Finding a web hosting service is one of the initial (and probably most complicated) steps you will take when starting with WordPress. However, it isn’t down to a lack of options. It’s more like how to sort through them all, especially if you don’t know what to look for. That said, we’re going to take a closer look at one with our in-depth review of InMotion Hosting for WordPress.
When it comes to WordPress-specific hosting services, InMotion is one of the stalwarts. They are, however, an underrated host—not all great things have to be famous. InMotion has been a well-known industry brand with reliable performance, specifically for business class hosting.
With award-winning technical support and 99.9% uptime, InMotion Hosting for WordPress is a user favorite.
Also, InMotion’s unmatched US based support is always there to help.
InMotion Hosting for WordPress is optimized for active bloggers. It offers scalability for the growth of your blog. Let’s find out more about this amazing WordPress host.
InMotion Hosting for WordPress: An Unbiased Review from Our Experts
InMotion Hosting is currently one of the biggest names in the world of web hosting. They provide hosting service for beginners, bloggers, big companies, and pretty much everyone in between. InMotion Hosting is also well-known for its reliable hosting, great customer service, and a broad range of services.
In our detailed review of InMotion Hosting for WordPress, we analyzed their hosting service by putting InMotion Hosting through ultimate tests. Following are the key aspects we looked into:
- Performance: How fast will your WordPress site load on InMotion Hosting?
- Reliability: Will your site be available to your audience without any downtime?
- Customer Support: Can you count on InMotion Hosting’s customer support to offer quick and easy help whenever needed?
- Features: Do they offer all the things you need to build your WordPress site?
- Pricing: Do they have the best pricing in the hosting industry? Are there any good InMotion Hosting for WordPress deals that can save you a few bucks?
Bottom line: In this review, we found InMotion Hosting to be a reliable service, with amazing plans and helpful US-based customer support that is available 24/7.
Now, let’s dive into the detailed review of InMotion Hosting for WordPress so that you can decide for yourself.
About the Hosting Service
Founded in 2001, InMotion Hosting has its offices in Virginia Beach and Los Angeles. It’s one of the oldest companies in the hosting market with a proven track record.
With more than two hundred employees, InMotion Hosting offers competitively priced service with 24/7 US-based customer support.
InMotion Hosting for WordPress: Pros and Cons
Not all hosting services are made equal. Each of them offers different sets of features and services with their own special advantages and some disadvantages. You should carefully weigh them before making a final decision.
Below are the pros and cons of InMotion Hosting for WordPress that we found.
First, we’re going to look at the pros that make InMotion Hosting a reliable choice.
- Free site transfer: If your website is already hosted on a different service, InMotion Hosting for WordPress will transfer it for you with no additional cost.
- 90-day money back guarantees: InMotion Hosting offers a 90-day money return guarantee, and that’s quite generous. Most other hosting services will offer you a 30-day guarantee. Also, keep in mind that domains are not included in the guarantee. Once registered, they’re yours to keep and use with whichever host you want.
- SSD Storage: All InMotion Hosting servers utilize SSD drives rather than old spinning HDD drives. SSDs are way faster compared to HDDs. They make your website load faster. Most web hosts usually don’t offer SSD storage, and some of them even charge extra for it.
- Choose your data center location: The best part of InMotion Hosting is that it has data centers at both East Coast and West Coast of the US. You can select a data center that is closer to your target users. Your website will then load even faster for visitors near those locations.
- Free SSL Certificate: SSL is necessary for creating an eCommerce site. It is included in all InMotion Hosting plans. Other hosts usually charge up to $60 per year for SSL certificates.
While there are many pros in InMotion Hosting, we also found some downsides you might want to consider before choosing it as your host.
- No monthly billing: InMotion Hosting’s starter plans don’t provide a monthly billing option. You can pay for one or two years in advance. If you, however, choose two years, you get a larger discount. Pro plan consumers can go with monthly billing, but there’s a $40 set up fee.
- Phone verification: To prevent frauds, InMotion Hosting asks their clients to verify purchase via phone. This can be quite difficult for those living outside of the US.
- Not the cheapest: As already mentioned, InMotion Hosting plans are priced competitively. However, they’re not the cheapest in the hosting industry.
InMotion Hosting for WordPress: Performance
After pricing, performance should be your top concern when choosing a web host. It will cost you more bucks and trouble if you end up with poor performance and want to move your site to a better host.
For this review, we decided to run our comprehensive performance tests. We tested InMotion Hosting’s speed, reliability, and response time.
Speed Test Results
Speed is a crucial aspect of any site’s performance. Search engines love speedy websites and rank them higher in search results’ pages.
Users don’t like slow websites. In fact, experts conducted that a single second delay could cost you 11% less page views and 7% less conversions.
For this InMotion Hosting review, we created a test website to see how fast the host really is. Our test website was using WordPress with the default Twenty-Seventeen theme. Also, we imported dummy content from theme development with some images.
We used Pingdom to run our site speed test. Check out the results in the screenshot below.
As you can see, the test website loaded in just under a second for a server located in Dallas, Texas. That is faster than 90% of all tested websites.
What the test was doing is measuring the website with a single user. We wanted to know how InMotion Hosting handles multiple visitors accessing the site during peak hours.
In order to run this test, we used LoadImpact. It’s a tool that creates virtual users and starts sending them to a site, gradually boosting it up to 100 users. Check out the results in the chart below:
As the chart shows, our test website performed pretty well until it reached 25 visitors. After that, it slowed down as the traffic kept on increasing.
This is, however, a normal scenario for shared hosting where your site shares resources with other sites hosted on the same server. If your site starts getting plenty of visitors at a time, it is time for you to upgrade your hosting plan.
It’s also important to note that while our test website slowed down during peak traffic load, it remained responsive and didn’t go down completely.
Server Response Time
As you saw in our speed test results, the test website performed under a normal speed test. But these tests load the content of an entire web page, including images that increase the page load time. This usually makes those tests slightly inaccurate while measuring a server’s response time.
So, we decided to run a test using Bitcatcha. It’s a tool that works differently compared to other site speed testing tools.
Instead of loading the entire site, it records a server’s response time from several different locations. This provides a more accurate result of how fast a server responds to visitor’s requests.
Check out the test results in the chart below:
For each location, InMotion Hosting responded under a second. This time, the response time was slightly higher for locations in Australia, Brazil, and Japan.
For sites that have target audiences in the US or UK, InMotion Hosting can be a fast and reliable hosting service for them. If your target users are located outside of those regions, you might benefit from finding a server location that is near them.
InMotion Hosting for WordPress: Plans and Features
The host offers various hosting plans based on different budgets and traffic requirements. Here are the hosting plans offered by InMotion Hosting:
- WordPress Hosting: This plan is highly optimized for WordPress powered sites with additional features and tools that improve performance and security.
- Shared Hosting: This plan is best for low traffic and new websites. With shared hosting, your site shares resources with other hosting accounts on the server. It’s the most basic and beginner-friendly hosting option.
- Dedicated Server Hosting: This plan is suitable for high-traffic and enterprise websites. Dedicated Server Hosting gives you an entire server for your site. The only downside is that you’ll have to manage the server all by yourself.
- VPS Hosting: This plan is an upgrade to the shared hosting one. VPS hosting lets you share resources with various servers on the cloud. This gives your website a little more room to grow and manage traffic.
- Managed Hosting: This is a more powerful hosting plan to handle more traffic without dealing with all that “technical” stuff. Your host will take care of the security, software updates, and other maintenance tasks on behalf of you.
All InMotion Hosting plans come with SSD storage, free SSL, and 1-click WordPress installer. Their plans also include an easy-to-use control panel where you can manage your hosting account and enable various add-ons.
Let’s take a quick look at their shared hosting plans.
Shared Hosting Plans
Shared Hosting is usually considered the best option for small businesses and bloggers. If you’re just starting out with a fresh new site, then InMotion Hosting’s shared hosting plans could be a suitable choice.
Once your site starts to grow, you can easily upgrade your hosting to a more superior plan. All of InMotion Hosting’s shared plans include unlimited bandwidth, storage, free SSL, 1-click installer, and other standard features you’d expect them to have.
The shared hosting is divided into 3 levels:
- Launch: This plan is limited to hosting only 2 sites and 25 subdomains. It offers all the regular features, such as unlimited bandwidth and storage, free domain, and more.
- Pro: This plan offers the best value for fast-growing businesses and blogs. It lets you host unlimited websites with unlimited databases. You’ll also get priority support as part of the plan.
- Power: This one is InMotion Hosting’s most popular shared hosting plan. It comes with hosting for up to 6 sites and allows 50+ databases.
InMotion Hosting also advertises Pro and Power plans to be eCommerce ready.
InMotion Hosting for WordPress: Support and Customer Service
We all require help every now and then. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned user, you want to be with a host that offers the most technically sound, friendly, and fast customer support.
InMotion Hosting’s support team is US-based. They offer 24/7 support via live chat, phone calls, and email tickets.
For this review, we contacted InMotion Hosting’s support team several times. Luckily, they quickly connected us to the live chat support staff. We asked around complex questions and found the staff to be friendly, highly knowledgeable, and willing to help.
We also created some support tickets and received quick email responses.
If you made it this far, it’s safe to say that you’ve become quite familiar with InMotion Hosting. To be honest, we found them to be reliable. Yes, they have some minor disadvantages. But with good uptime, fast servers, and excellent customer support, you just can’t go wrong.
InMotion Hosting for WordPress offers a variety of hosting plans that fit all budget sizes. In fact, their shared plans are probably best for new blogs and business sites.
With InMotion Hosting, you can grow your business without worrying about shifting to a new host. It gives you the option to upgrade your hosting plan whenever you require more resources.
Did you find this article helpful?
Which plan do you think is the most suitable for your needs?
Share your thoughts and recommendations with us in the comments below.